[Mailman-Users] Majordomo vs. mailman wrapper program

Will Nordmeyer will at willspc.net
Wed Sep 5 22:17:01 CEST 2001

Got a new one...

I did the link as that doc mentioned.  (not sure why I missed that doc for the first several days of install attempt)...

Now, in
/usr/adm/sm.bin, I have
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root           26 Sep  5 13:46 mm_wrapper -> /home/mailman/mail/wrapper
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root           17 Jul  5 20:42 procmail -> /usr/bin/procmail
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root           27 Jul  5 20:42 vacation.pl -> /usr/local/sbin/vacation.pl
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root           28 Sep  1 18:45 wrapper -> /usr/local/majordomo/wrapper

My alias file has:
## mytest mailing list
## created: 05-Sep-2001 mailman
mytest:                  "|mm_wrapper post mytest"
mytest-admin:            "|mm_wrapper mailowner mytest"
mytest-request:          "|mm_wrapper mailcmd mytest"

Sep  5 15:43:01 raq sendmail[9019]: PAA09019: from=<NONE>, size=0, class=0, pri=0, nrcpts=0, proto=ESMTP, relay=localhost [127.0.0.1]

If I change the aliases to /home/mailman/mail/wrapper, I get...
Sep  5 16:06:12 raq sendmail[10027]: QAA10025: to="|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailowner mytest", delay=00:00:00, xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=prog, stat=Operating system error

if I run the ./wrapper mailowner mytest from the console prompt, it seems to give me the first error again:
Sep  5 16:09:02 raq sendmail[10154]: QAA10154: from=<NONE>, size=0, class=0, pri=0, nrcpts=0, proto=ESMTP, relay=localhost [127.0.0.1]

I really don't like how stupid I'm looking at this point...

I would GREATLY appreciate any advice, input, etc... (short of random confirmations that I'm stupid please. :-))

--Will