[Mailman-Users] Additional info

Jeff Baldwin jeff_baldwin at unc.edu
Wed Sep 5 19:46:44 CEST 2001

Thanks for the quick response Kevin ---

Here is what I have

[mailman at mill96 mailman]$ python -c'import os; print os.getgid()'
502
[mailman at mill96 mailman]$ cat /etc/group | grep 502
mailman::502:

So.. looks like this is grabbing the GID of the user Mailman.... is that
correct?
Just for your convenience here is a "cat" of my group file, relevant to
mailman

[mailman at mill96 mailman]$ cat /etc/group

mail::12:mail
admin::110:root,mailman
nobody::99:
webd:x:48:
postfix:x:89:
mailman::502:

Thanks

Jeff

Kevin Devin wrote:

> It appears to me that your are receiving the GID for the user whom you're
> logged in as... in this case root.  Try logging in as the mailman user or
> yourself and running it again and see what you come up with.
>
> -KHD

**If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried --
unknown**

Jeff Baldwin
Computer Consultant II
University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill

Phone:  (919) 966-0096
Fax:  (919) 966-9920
E-Mail:  jeff_baldwin at unc.edu