[Mailman-Users] Old Question, New Twist

Greg Ward gward at mems-exchange.org
Thu Oct 25 20:29:39 CEST 2001

On 25 October 2001, Timothy Brier said:
> Question of concern to me is:
> The RPM will verify that no dependencies will get broken.  What method can I
> use to verify that, as an example, if I install
> Python 2, that no dependencies will be broken?

That's where the fun comes in.  Generally, you have to be vigilant, read
the docs, know what's installed on your system, and keep careful track
of what you do to it.  And even then, most open source software is
worthless crap that won't work.  (Not unlike most commercial software,
it's just the bar is lower to release a pile of free crap.)  Mailman and
Python are, thankfully, among the exceptions.

        Greg
Greg Ward - software developer                gward at mems-exchange.org