Changing Header - Old Posting: [Mailman-Users] Dummyfunction "Newsletter"

Jon Carnes jonc at haht.com
Sat Oct 20 00:59:09 CEST 2001

Again, this is something that will have to be done on the email client.
Mailman does not affect this.  As an example, your name shows up in my
Outlook as:
  Bart Frackiewicz
and the header information in the email is:
  From: "Bart Frackiewicz" <bart.frackiewicz at evercom.de>

Mailman did not change this.  This is the way that the From statement looked
when it got to Mailman.

If you want it to be:
   Newsletter-admin at evercom.de

You will have to define that as the user in your email client and send out
the email as that user.  Of course then Outlook will interpret your From to
be:
   "Newsletter-admin at evercom.de" <Newsletter-admin at evercom.de>

But that is a function of Outlook....

Jon Carnes