[Mailman-Users] We're sorry, we hit a bug!

mailman mailman at rendrix.com
Thu Oct 18 22:05:11 CEST 2001

Hello, I setup mailman 2.0.2 and had it running for a long while. Last night for no obvious reason, it started giving this error when trying to get into admin: "We're sorry, we hit a bug! Mailman experienced a very low level failure and could not even generate a useful traceback for you. Please report this to the Mailman administrator at this site." I checked the error log and it said nothing. So I tried upgrading to 2.0.4, didn't help. I tried completely removing the old version, still no go. It is getting to the admin login page, it's when you login that it gives an error (when the wrong password is entered, it's okay, but doesn't help much :). Does anyone have ideas where I can start troubleshooting this stuff? I restarted apache, sendmail, etc. And started from a fresh installation, did check_db and check_perm scripts, still didn't work. Thanks for any help.

-Aaron