[Mailman-Users] Logging and diagnostics for problem resolution?

matthew.malthouse at guardian.co.uk matthew.malthouse at guardian.co.uk
Thu Oct 18 18:38:24 CEST 2001

I have a problem I can't resolve because I can't find any information in the
logs.

Situation:  a cgi script generates a mail for the users wishing to subscibe.
Because it's a script we know that it's of the correct format etc.

In the mail logs we can follow the mail from cgi server, relay server and to the
mailman server up to the point where the mail is delievered to
<listname>-request and that piped to the wrapper mailcmd subscribe...

So far so good.  The majority of subscribe and unsubscribe request are honoured.
However we regularly get a number of users who are not subscribed despite the
fact that we can follow the subscription request all the was to the wrapper it
has not been honoured.

At that point I'm stumped because there is no trace in any of the logs:  no
bounce, no error and naturally nothing is subscribe.

Is there a means by which some logging level can be turned up, or some
additional actions logged that might permit me to see what is going wrong?

Matthew