[Mailman-Users] How alpha is 2.1a2?

Dan Mick dmick at utopia.West.Sun.COM
Thu Oct 18 00:45:07 CEST 2001

> I haven't been monitoring Mailman development for a while, so I'm a
> bit confused. It might be time to upgrade my installation, though..
>
> If I access the download pages of http://www.list.org, it says the
> current stable version of Mailman is 2.0.6 which is almost as new as
> the installation I already have. However, there also seems to be a
> page for Mailman 2.1a2, and there it says "Version (2.1a2, released on
> 11-Jul-2001) is the current stable GNU release."
>
> Umm.. Confusing. Is 2.1a2 stable enough to be used in a production
> system? Or should I wait for a "real" 2.1 before upgrading?

The "stable GNU release" wording is probably inaccurate; 2.1 is still
in alpha.  However, I'm using current CVS with good luck.  It's
still a bit rough around edges, and I certainly don't use every
feature, so it's possible you may not want to experiment yet.
"How mature" is always a judgement call, but Barry hasn't yet
deemed it "beta", so...