[Mailman-Users] Giving descriptive names to mail adresses

Gerhard den Hollander gerhard at jasongeo.com
Tue Oct 16 09:01:10 CEST 2001

* Jon Carnes <jonc at haht.com> (Mon, Oct 15, 2001 at 04:45:01PM -0400)
>> So I would like some way to add some sort of description to these email
>> adresses.

>> Standard email headers allow for a ".." part (e.g.

>> "Gerhard den Hollander" <gdenhollander at jasongeo.com>

>> Is there some trick to do the same in mailman , so that the membership
> list
>> will look like e.g.

>> xpZorp at yahoo.com "Joe Dalton"
>> ap122 at home.com  "Averell Dalton:

>> &c &c ?

> From what I have seen on the list, you cannot use a descriptive field with
> the email address.  You may wish to make this a Requested Future Feature.

OK

> It actually wouldn't be that hard to make happen.  In fact, since its open
> source, feel free to do it yourself!  I know I would (except I don't have
> the time...).

Since it's python that would make it a tad difficult,
anyone know of a good python primer and a ``coding mailman for the
uninitiated'' book ?
(or online docs or ..)

> You might want to make this a self-service item.  Let users subscribe and

I wish it were that simple ;)

Currently listening to: Led Zeppelin - Misty Mountain ()

	Gerhard,  <@jasongeo.com>   == The Acoustic Motorbiker ==
--
   __O	There's nothing Nietzsche couldn't teach ya
 =`\<, 		'bout the raisin' of the wrist.