[Mailman-Users] Question regarding MailMan settings...

Greg Ward gward at mems-exchange.org
Wed Oct 10 23:45:16 CEST 2001

On 10 October 2001, Shaheeb Roshan said:
> I am curious about the MailMan script i downloaded
> from Python.org.  Is there anyway to configure it so
> that when someone on the list recieves a message I
> broadcast to the list, they see "To: " field contain
> their own address?

No.  Doing it that way would require creating a separate message for
each subscriber, greatly increasing the storage and bandwidth overhead
of running a large list.

(One mailing list manager that does work that way is Dan Bernstein's
ezmlm, which is designed to work with qmail.  See www.qmail.org.)

        Greg
Greg Ward - software developer                gward at mems-exchange.org