[Mailman-Users] Allow posting to non-member addresses in a file

Xavi Serrano xserrano at ac.upc.es
Tue Oct 9 08:34:30 CEST 2001

Hello all,

I am currently running majordomo on my system, and would like to move
to Mailman in the future. Playing around with Mailman options I came
across an issue I don't know how to solve easily.

Let's consider two majordomo closed lists (list1 and list2) and the
corresponding main entries in the alias file:

	list1: "|/usr/lib/majordomo/wrapper resend -p bulk -l list1 -h my.domain -I list1:/var/lib/majordomo/lists/list.allowed list1-outgoing"

	list2: "|/usr/lib/majordomo/wrapper resend -p bulk -l list2 -h my.domain -I list2:/var/lib/majordomo/lists/list.allowed list2-outgoing"

Assuming that list1 and list2 are closed lists, the previous aliases
restrict postings to members of the list only plus the addresses in
/var/lib/majordomo/lists/list.allowed

Is there an easy way to do this in Mailman? I know I can copy & paste the
contents of /var/lib/majordomo/lists/list.allowed in the posters field
of the admin CGI page, but this is quite useless as the list.allowed
file is actually used in lots of mailing lists, and it is updated
frequently... I was thinking in a tool pretty much like sync_members
but which would deal with the "posters" instead of the members.

Thank you for your time.
- Xavi.