[Mailman-Users] problem during compiling

rxie at advent.com rxie at advent.com
Tue Nov 20 23:48:47 CET 2001

Hi,

I always get this error messages even though I've already created the
username as 'mailman' and group as 'mailman'.  I am running Solaris 8 with
python version 2.1.1 on UltraSpac 10.

thanks,

-Richard

---------

# ./configure
checking for --with-python... no
checking for python... /usr/local/bin/python
checking Python interpreter... /usr/local/bin/python
checking Python version... 2.1.1
checking for a BSD compatible install... ./install-sh -c
checking for true... /usr/bin/true
checking for --without-gcc... no
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking whether #! works in shell scripts... yes
checking for --with-var-prefix... no
checking for --with-username... mailman
checking for mailman UID... Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "conftest.py", line 1, in ?
    import pwd, string
ImportError: ld.so.1: /usr/local/bin/python: fatal: libgcc_s.so.1: open
failed:
No such file or directory
cat: cannot open conftest.out

configure: error: