[Mailman-Users] recovering from faulty base url for mailman web interface

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Tue Nov 20 22:46:44 CET 2001

You are probably going to need the site admin to help you out.

There are two easy ways to recover from this:
  - replace the config.db with the config.db.bak (the last known good
version of the database...)  The files are in each lists directory:
~mailman/lists/<list-name>/...
  - Create a link (or series of links) in your directory structure to mimic
the URL you punched in to the Admin site.  You might even need to play with
the /etc/hosts file to point the domain name to the proper place.  Remember
to set VIRTUAL_HOST_OVERVIEW = 1 in your ~mailman/Mailman/mm_cfg.py file

You should also be able to use the ~mailman/bin/config_list command to
output the configuration, edit it, then read it back in again.  I think
this would be a harder option.

Good Luck - Jon Carnes