[Mailman-Users] Mailman and Virtual Hosting

Peter Jay Salzman p at dirac.org
Tue Nov 20 22:06:05 CET 2001

i found this on the archives while searching for something else.  thought it
was useful, so i cut-n-pasted it to a file for future keeping.   might be
(part of) what you're looking for.

pete

> The feature list mentions support for virtual domains.  And how does one
> make mailman aware of virtual domains?  I can find no documentation on
> creating a list with a virtual domain.  It would be nice of the links that
> go out in the list managers first email after the list was created included
> the urls __for that virtual domain__.  I don't mind taking care of the web
> server side of things, but it seems to me like there is no *real* virtual
> domain support in mailman.  Someone please tell me where I'm going wrong!

Some folks have pointed out that by setting the host_name value on each list
makes it work fine for vhosts.  I've never tried it.  I went a different
route instead: different installations, on the same machine, same user ID,
just different directories.  It works for me.  <list>@domainA.com is
different than <list>@domainB.com (where <list> is the same name and both
domains are hosted on the same physical machine)

  Director of Internet Operations / SysAdmin    .     800.441.3873 x130

begin: Joel Webb <joel at webbgroup.net> quote