[Mailman-Users] Mailman nntp gateway and list names

Scott Russell lnxgeek at us.ibm.com
Thu Nov 8 18:31:51 CET 2001

On Wed, Nov 07, 2001 at 08:12:55PM -0800, Dan Mick wrote:
> Once again, this has been significantly changed in 2.1; the headers
> which should be removed are now configurable from mm_cfg.
> The subject munging isn't there, but could be hacked (of course).

Good to know. I haven't yet looked at 2.1 due to lack of time but from the
features of read on the dev list I'm execited about it.

The NNTP_REMOVE_HEADERS and NNTP_REWRITE_DUPLICATE_HEADERS obviously won't
work for what I want but yes, this is along the right lines. Maybe we need a
NNTP_STRIP_LISTNAME option as well?

  # When set to true the list name will be removed from the subject line
  # before posting to the nntp server. This will not affect the subject lines
  # for email posted to the mailing list.
  NNTP_STRIP_LISTNAME = true

It's now that I wish I picked up that python book :)

--
Regards,
 Scott Russell (lnxgeek at us.ibm.com)