[Mailman-Users] Mailman nntp gateway and list names

Scott Russell lnxgeek at us.ibm.com
Thu Nov 8 05:44:32 CET 2001

Greets.

Silly question but I don't see a way so I'll ask. When mailman does nntp
gatewaying is it at all possible to strip [list-name] off the subject line
when doing smtp -> nntp? I think it makes sense when you look at the list
from the nntp side not to see [list-name]. For nntp -> smtp however I would
say the default would be to continue to append [list-name] as needed.

And on the same topic, Re: and Fwd: tags in the subject line of the
newsgroup seem silly as well. Shouldn't we strip them off when doing smtp ->
nntp as well?

--
Regards,
 Scott Russell (lnxgeek at us.ibm.com)