[Mailman-Users] List doesn't process mail

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Wed Nov 7 16:52:26 CET 2001

On Wednesday 07 November 2001 09:07, Mitchell K. Gary wrote:
> My hosting company has a Control Panel interface that allows users to
> create mailing lists. I can't get them to work. Users can't subscribe
> themselves, and although the list sends confirmations, it doesn't respond
> to attempts to confirm.
>
> When I create a new list, I get the following screen:
>               created.
>
>               Entry for aliases file:
>
>               ## dcmoms_dcmoboces.org mailing list
>               ## created: 07-Nov-2001 mailman
>               dcmoms_dcmoboces.org:
> "|/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/mail/wrapper post
> dcmoms_dcmoboces.org" dcmoms_dcmoboces.org-admin:
> "|/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/mail/wrapper mailowner
> dcmoms_dcmoboces.org"
>               dcmoms_dcmoboces.org-request:
> "|/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd
> dcmoms_dcmoboces.org"
>               dcmoms_dcmoboces.org-owner: dcmoms_dcmoboces.org-admin
>
>               Hit enter to continue with dcmoms_dcmoboces.org owner
> notification...

>=== ===============
>
> Does that look normal? Should the alias entries be in the format
> "listname_domain.dom-alias"? The lists on this server don't seem to be
> set up that way.
>
> Any thoughts would be appreciated.
>
> Mitchell Gary

So far it looks perfectly normal.  Once you get that output, you need to
copy and paste it into your /etc/aliases file (if you are running sendmail
or a sendmail compliant MTA).  Once that is done, the messages will be
routed to Mailman and Mailman will begin to process them.

The next step in the process depends on qrunner running in mailman's
Crontab.  Make sure that the cron entries are running.

Jon Carnes