[Mailman-Users] List doesn't process mail

Mitchell K. Gary garymk at citlink.net
Wed Nov 7 15:07:48 CET 2001

My hosting company has a Control Panel interface that allows users to create
mailing lists. I can't get them to work. Users can't subscribe themselves,
and although the list sends confirmations, it doesn't respond to attempts to
confirm.

When I create a new list, I get the following screen:
              ## created: 07-Nov-2001 mailman
              dcmoms_dcmoboces.org:
"|/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/mail/wrapper post dcmoms_dcmoboces.org"
              dcmoms_dcmoboces.org-admin:
"|/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/mail/wrapper mailowner
dcmoms_dcmoboces.org"
              dcmoms_dcmoboces.org-request:
"|/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd
dcmoms_dcmoboces.org"
              dcmoms_dcmoboces.org-owner: dcmoms_dcmoboces.org-admin

              Hit enter to continue with dcmoms_dcmoboces.org owner
notification...

Does that look normal? Should the alias entries be in the format
"listname_domain.dom-alias"? The lists on this server don't seem to be set
up that way.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Mitchell Gary