[Mailman-Users] How to compile all addresses subbed to all lists on a system

Sarah K. Miller techgrrl at beeze.com
Thu May 31 00:36:48 CEST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Bradford" <mrbill at mrbill.net>

> On Thu, May 24, 2001 at 03:05:31PM -0700, Sarah K. Miller wrote:
> > Have any of you found an automated way to slurp all of the addresses off
> > of all the lists on your system and then subscribe them to another list
> > on the system?
>
> bin/list_users <listname> > /tmp/list1.txt
> bin/add_members /tmp/list1.txt <new-listname>

Here's the solution I came up with. Much easier then doing it for each individual list. In my case, it's set as a cron job to run in the middle of the night every night.
Note: de-announce is the name of the master list I'm using -- replace it with the list of your choice.

---------------------
#!/bin/ksh
/home/mailman/bin/remove_members -a de-announce
cd /home/mailman/lists/
for i in `ls`
do echo $i
touch /home/mailman/tmp/masterlist.txt
/home/mailman/bin/list_members -o /home/mailman/tmp/masterlist.txt $i
/home/mailman/bin/add_members -n /home/mailman/tmp/masterlist.txt -w n de-announce
rm /home/mailman/tmp/masterlist.txt
done