[Mailman-Users] New to list

Cindy cmutchie at bellsouth.net
Tue May 15 22:13:01 CEST 2001

Hello,

I have subscribed to this list to see if I could get some questions answered.  If anyone has any ideas about these, I would be very appreciative to receive them.

1.  Is it possible to run Mailman from a rented server space when you do not have telnet access but only FTP?  The server space I rent does offer both Perl5 and Python running on Redhat, and access to cgi-bin with my own bin for running my own scripts.

2.  Does Mailman have to be installed system wide and be administered by the system admin?

I am trying to get a set up where I can create and delete email discussion groups at my choosing.  The archives need to be searchable and accessible to both admin and subscribers, but not available to those who are not subscribed.

Thank you!
Cindy