[Mailman-Users] big lists, big messages

Rabinowitz, Ari (Exchange) ari at bear.com
Mon May 14 15:54:16 CEST 2001

Chuq,

Thanks for all of your good ideas in this thread.  I'm new to Postfix, and
Mailman.  How would I defer DNS in Postfix?  I have a few lists (read only)
with about 1200 addresses that send out only a few messages a day, at most.
I have MAX_RCPT_TO set to 500 so I would expect mailman to split the lists
into 3 messages, although it ends up splitting into 4 messages, two with
about 500 recipients each, and then two smaller lists instead of just one.

I am using Postfix as the MTA and it seems to work well, but I notice from
the logs that it seems that Postfix only gets one message at a time from
Mailman.  Is this because of my Mailman settings or my Postfix settings?
What controls this?

Any suggestions as to speeding up delivery of the messages would be
appreciated.

Thanks,
Ari Rabinowitz