[Mailman-Users] newlist don't make aliases

Eric Schmitz eschmitz at webbalah.net
Sat May 12 23:28:28 CEST 2001

marco-

   I too noticed this. When I run newlist, the aliases are generated,
but only in stdout. What I do is simply highlight them and copy, then
immediately go to my aliases file and paste them at the end. (Of course,
remember to run newaliases -- or, for me, vnewaliases) I could not find
any stubfile anywhere with the aliases in it.

   In the end, you need something like the following list of aliases:

## listname mailing list
## created: 12-May-2001 webbalah
listname:              "|/usr/local/mailman/mail/wrapper post listname"
listname-admin:        "|/usr/local/mailman/mail/wrapper mailowner
listname"
listname-request:      "|/usr/local/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd
listname"
listname-owner:        listname-admin

   I actually find the Mailman aliases much more neat and easy to deal
with than those required for Majordomo.

-Eric