[Mailman-Users] Re: remove this?

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui at plaidworks.com
Fri May 11 17:20:37 CEST 2001

On 5/11/01 8:07 AM, "Nigel Metheringham"
<Nigel.Metheringham at InTechnology.co.uk> wrote:

> This would allow people enough rope to completely hang themselves, and
> add a reasonably useful additional feature in.

If this were a web system, I'd be all for it.

But e-mail interacts with other email systems all over the internet. When
you hose a mailman system, it affects the mail systems of all of the
subscribers, which potentially hoses them AND the admins of THEIR mail
servers.

What you do to your own stuff I don't care about. But when  your stuff has
to safely and properly interact with other people's stuff as well -- you no
longer have the right to be an idiot, just because you want to be.

That's why SOME of these decisions have to be made by the people who know
the issues, instead of run off and make decisions based on the "I wanna, so
you gotta" style of management.