[Mailman-Users] Re: remove this?

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham at InTechnology.co.uk
Fri May 11 17:07:25 CEST 2001

rogerk at QueerNet.ORG said:
> How far does that go?  Should you be allowed to turn off the "To:"
> header if you want?  "Subject:"?  "Date:"?

Actually maybe this points to a better approach....

First we purely implement a fixed version of our list header cooking -
no if (this) then add (that).

Then late on in the processing pipeline we have a per-list configurable
generic header stripper and adder with some form of basic
programmability - ie basic regexp to select whether or not something is
added/deleted, and the use of the mailman template variables.

This would allow people enough rope to completely hang themselves, and
add a reasonably useful additional feature in.

It also means you don't need to add a bunch of extra buttons and
configurability in for every header you might wish to add.

And if people are stupid enough to modify the mime-headers based on
this scheme, well they deserve all they get.

	Nigel.