[Mailman-Users] Re: remove this?

Thomas Hillson hillson at iastate.edu
Fri May 11 16:41:42 CEST 2001

Bill,

I must commend you for your continued discussions with the developers of
Mailman over the issue of the headers. I lost patients with them long before
you did.

Like you I am a user of Mailman, and I do not want to fight with the people
who think these headers are needed. I would just like to see a little more
flexibility in the way we can configure each individual list. Until
they provide
us with the flexibility, we will just have to continue to hack their software
to give some control.  I do not have the time to learn enough about Mailman
to write a patch to selectively turn the headers off. My solution is to comment
out all code for the headers so they do not appear on any of my lists.

To the programmers of Mailman, Please listen to Bill, myself and the many
other people who have requested the flexibility to turn off the headers for
selected mailing lists.

We are not asking you to remove code for the headers from Mailman.

We are not asking you to stop promoting their use so that all mail programs
will recognize them and handle them correctly.

We are asking you to give us the option to turn off individual headers on some
of out lists where we have determined they are inappropriate.

thank you,

Tom