[Mailman-Users] Problem with Sender Info

Sarah K. Miller techgrrl at beeze.com
Thu May 10 10:56:16 CEST 2001

> On Mon, May 07, 2001 at 09:20:52PM -0700, Sarah K. Miller wrote:
> > I run a  server with about 80 lists on  it. Everything goes smoothly until
> > the  monthly  reminder is  sent  out  on  the  first of  the  month. Every
> > outgoing  message   indicates  the   "Sender"  is  the   same  list-owner,
> > regardless  of which  list the  subscriber was  actually a  member of.

> I've found that mailman uses the first list that was ever created (probably
> does a readdir and picks the first list in ~mailman/lists)

Mine's not using the first one ever created. I too created a test list first, but it's not using that address.

Does anyone know which program file might be able to be modified to change the sender address on the monthly reminders? Has anyone successfully modified this file to route to either the "correct" address or at least to the mailman-owner address? I hate to redirect all the -admin traffic for the victim list to someplace other then it's owner, but that's what I will have to do if there's no way to fix it.

 -- Sarah