[Mailman-Users] problems with the config.db permissions

Dan Mick dmick at utopia.West.Sun.COM
Thu May 10 03:17:11 CEST 2001

> > check_perms should be finding all this; you need to find out what's going
> > wrong with check_perms.
>
> I tested with changing permissions/ownerships around on a few things
> to see what check_perms would and would not catch, and found an
> something interesting:  Check_perms wants to set the gid to 'mail'
> and /not/ mailman. But mailman itself spits out errors with this gid
> setting.

The only way I can see this happening is if Defaults.py or mm_cfg.py
has the wrong entry for MAILMAN_GID.

from Mailman import mm_cfg
from Mailman.mm_cfg import MAILMAN_UID, MAILMAN_GID

try:
    MAILMAN_GRPNAME = grp.getgrgid(MAILMAN_GID)[0]
except KeyError:
    MAILMAN_GRPNAME = '<anon gid %d>' % MAILMAN_GID