[Mailman-Users] Off-Topic: WebMail recommendations?

Dave Melton dmelton at banzuke.com
Wed May 9 22:12:26 CEST 2001

Sorry for the off-topic post, but at least I confessed my sin in
advance!

Since this group really seems to know its stuff, I'd like to ask
for recommendations for a webmail server that will run on
the same RHL7 machine as my Mailman installations.  I'm hosting
several low-traffic domains for non-profits and other groups...all
important to the people involved, but no world-class performance
requirements.

Open source is preferrable, both for cost and customization, but
some cost is acceptable if needed.  So far I've looked at:

BrowserExpress: Not open source, but reasonably priced.  Incredibly
easy to install, but pretty basic functionality.  It works.

Squirrel Mail: Open source and feature rich, but I don't want to
fight my way through a MySQL->PHP->Apache->SquirrelMail installation
path just to get webmail running.

"Web E-Mail": Another open source package.  Looks very basic and a
bit rough, and they admit that it's not the most secure.  Just based
on their web site, I don't think it's where I want to be.

Any other recommendations?

Thanks much,
  Dave Melton