[Mailman-Users] correct configure options

Steven Kroeger skroeger at cs.iastate.edu
Fri May 4 15:41:23 CEST 2001

Hiya,

	I'm trying to install mailman on a redhat 7.1 machine. So far I've got
everything to install and created a test list. When I tried to access this
list I got the follwing error.
----
Mailman CGI error!!! The expected gid of the Mailman CGI wrapper did not
match the gid as set by the Web server.

The most likely cause is that Mailman was configured and installed
incorrectly. Please read the INSTALL instructions again, paying close
attention to the --with-cgi-gid configure option. This entry is being stored
in your syslog:
Failure to exec script. WANTED gid 99, GOT gid 48.  (Reconfigure to take 48?)
----

Initailly I just ran ./configure with no options in hte mailman source
directory but after trying to figure this eror out I tried to reconfigure
with --with-cgi-gid 48 and then --with-cgi-gid apache.

the Group option in my httpd.conf file is apache and apache's gid is 48

But so far I've got this error when trying to use this option

----
configure: error:
***** No existing group found for the cgi_wrapper program.
***** This is the group that your Web server runs CGI scripts under.
***** You might want to specify an existing group with the
***** --with-cgi-gid configure option.  Please see your Web server's
***** documentation, and the INSTALL file for details
----

I'm new to a lot of this so if someone could point me in the right direction
it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Steven.