[Mailman-Users] Mailman on Solaris8

Len Merikanto lennu at tietoverkot.net
Fri May 4 21:28:29 CEST 2001

On Fri, 4 May 2001, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

>     LM> Retried everything if i do everything from the scratch.
>     LM> ie install mailman and do not upgrade it.
>     LM> just install from scratch it works.
>
>     LM> then when i copt all files from mailman dir on freebsd move
>     LM> them to solaris reisntall mailman like upgrade it everything
>     LM> goes wrong.
>
>     LM> and i get that error. also tried only just copy lists from
>     LM> lists dir of freebsd mailman and the mm_cfg.py from Mailman
>     LM> dir into solaris i get it halfly working. i can see listinfo
>     LM> but cannot admin nor do anything to lists.
>
> Did you try going to the shell prompt, running Python interactively,
> and typing in that Python code?  What do you get for that?
>
> I would suggest that you do a fresh install on Solaris, then if you
> want to move the `lists' subdir from FreeBSD, that should work.
>
> -Barry

root at research:/var/mail/mailman# python
Python 1.6a2 (#1, Jun  1 2000, 13:24:17)  [GCC 2.96 20000306
(experimental)] on sunos5
>>> from socket import *
>>> gethostname()
'research'
>>> gethostbyname(gethostname())
'194.100.91.154'

Seems to work fine.

now if i just copy recursively the lists dir from freebsd to solaris
things just dont work.

but if i leave it untouched and do test mailing list it works fine.

Len Merikanto,		Phone:	+358968691950
Tietoverkot Oy		Mobile:	+358409008494
Munkkisaarenkatu 2	Fax:	+358968691935
00150 Helsinki, Finland