[Mailman-Users] mailman-checkins list config?

Mike Noyes mhnoyes at users.sourceforge.net
Tue May 1 15:46:48 CEST 2001

At 2001-05-01 03:50 -0400, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

>     MN> What settings are you using for the mailman-checkins list? I'm
>     MN> trying to duplicate your results for our project's cvs-commits
>     MN> list. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
>
>     MN> Background: I'm using syncmail (v3.1.5 by Barry Warsaw) for
>     MN> our project's cvs-commits list. I'll update to v3.1.6 later
>     MN> today. I followed the SourceForge documentation to set it up,
>     MN> but it doesn't have any information on the proper settings for
>     MN> Mailman. Should I take this up with the SourceForge staff
>     MN> instead?
>
>     MN> Getting email from CVS
>     MN> https://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=772&group_id=1
>
>Wow, neat.  I didn't even realize syncmail was Officially Documented.
>
>BTW, I think you mean version 3.16 of syncmail, which is the latest
>committed version that both the Mailman and Python projects use.
>
>On the list configuration side, you can basically use a very generic
>Mailman list.  python-checkins and mailman-checkins are both wide
>open.
>
>Have you tried it, and does it work?  If not, what happens?

Barry,
Yes it works well. I tested it right after installation. :)
http://www.mail-archive.com/leaf-cvs-commits%40lists.sourceforge.net/

I guess I didn't phrase my question well. How do I configure Mailman to
only accept posts from CVS? Should I use the implicitly approved people
list for this?

Currently our list is moderated, and anyone can subscribe.

Note: we have multiple developers that will be committing to our CVS
repository.

Also, I didn't get around to updating to syncmail 3.16 yet. I'll try to get
that done today. Thanks for the great script. :)

http://leaf.sourceforge.net/