[Mailman-Users] Stripping Attachments, HTML, Message sizes including attachments

Steve Hasz steve at roatanet.com
Thu Mar 15 01:22:28 CET 2001

I run the Roatan Discussion List at:

In the admin tool and documentation, I have been unable to find answers to
the following questions.

1.  Is it possible to strip attachments from messages or not allow them?

2.  Barring that, I see I can limit the size of messages, but only the size
of the text body.  My list received two attachments today that were ~1Meg in
size.  Is there a way to limit the size of the attachments allowed?  I
currently have the text size set at 70K.

3.  I'm sure the digest subscribers to my list are pissed off about the 1
meg attachments, since they get everything in plain text format.  Is there a
way to strip out all HTML from messages so they are delivered as plain text.

I noticed that Yahoo groups provides most of what I need, but I like a lot
of the flexibility provided by Mailman.

As a side note, I tried searching as recommended by the faq, but I couldn't
get any results to come up.  I prefer searching past archives to posting to
a list.  I looked in the archives, but downloading 26 Meg seemed formidable.

Best regards,
Steve