[Mailman-Users] using mailman in our product

Teo de Hesselle teo.dehesselle at uts.edu.au
Fri Mar 9 01:03:40 CET 2001

From memory, you can do whatever you like to GPL'd software as long as
you dont redistribute it. If you need to redistribute it, you must also
release the source code to people you sell it to. Yes, you're allowed to
sell it, however it must be done under the GPL, which means that your
customers can also sell it, give it away, or whatever they like. You
would have no control over this.

However, as an ASP, you're probably not going to redistribute it anyway,
as it will be staying on your server.

It would be polite, though not required, to release the source to any
modifications you make back to the mailman developers so that they can
include any enhancements you create in future versions.

Go read the GPL. It's available at http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.txt

Enjoy. May the source be with you. (and all that crap.)