[Mailman-Users] Allowing users to join without specifying pas swords

John W Baxter jwblist at olympus.net
Sat Jun 16 03:30:09 CEST 2001

At 13:38 -0700 6/15/01, Phil Stracchino wrote:
>When running majordomo lists, I always had the unsubscribe information
>right in the message footer.  Would it be so hard to do that with the
><mailto:mailman-users-request at python.org?subject=unsubscribe> ?

There are still MUAs in service which do not do the subject part of that
form of mailto: URL.  I do suspect that the intersection of the set of
people who have trouble unsubscribing and the set of people who use their
machines just as they came out of the box years ago is probably large.

I don't know whether there are many MUAs which still crash when they see
the extended mailto:.  In particular, I don't know and can't test what
various AOL versions do.

  --John

--
John Baxter   jwblist at olympus.net      Port Ludlow, WA, USA