[Mailman-Users] Suggestion - cancelable postings

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham at VData.co.uk
Fri Jun 15 15:07:39 CEST 2001

I fairly often get the situation where list postings are sent from the
wrong account (ie not the subscribed account) and so get held for
moderation with a message sent back to the original user.  The user
often fires off another copy (or 2) from the correct email address.

Meanwhile I can get to releasing the moderated postings, so a double
posting hits the list.  In some cases triple postings can happen since I
only skim the message for approrpiateness and do not necessarily see
that there are 2 the same...

One way of helping this situation out, although it then generates a race
condition (between the original poster and the moderator), is that the
notification to the original sender could contain a URL and/or a email
means to allow the original post to be cancelled from the moderation
queue.

Thoughts?

	Nigel.
[ ----- Security is not an add-on -- security is a way of life ----- ]