[Mailman-Users] config problem with mailman and postfix

Alain Simeray simeray at tektonika.com
Fri Jun 15 13:15:29 CEST 2001

hi!

I'm trying to set up Mailman on a RedHat 6.2 machine that has postfix setup
instead of sendmail.

I've read the docs and the web interface works perfectly.

I've created a mailing list called test2 with only myself subscribed to it
but when I send mail to the mailing list, I got the following bounce message:

<test2 at gladiator.tektonika2.com>: Command died with status 2:
  "/home/mailman/mail/wrapper post test 2". Command output: Failure to exec
script. Wanted gid 12, GOT gid 99. (Reconfigure to take 99?)

I've tried reconfiguring with --with-mail-gid="mail  nobody mailman"
but this doesn't seem to help.

Can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong?

FWIW: mail is gid 12, nobody gid 99 and mailman gid 502

Thanks.

Alain Simeray