[Mailman-Users] Allowing users to join without specifying pas swords

Satya satyap at satya.virtualave.net
Thu Jun 14 21:44:01 CEST 2001

On Jun 14, 2001 at 13:46, Joel Votaw wrote:

>Hmmm, the README says that script only currently works with unsubscribe
>requests, but does not handle subscribe requests.  Is there any way to
>subscribe without supplying a password?

Hmm. It has always been possible to subscribe without a password.

If you look at subscribe.pl, it takes a blank (or otherwise) message
to list-subscribe and constructs a proper list-request message. (At
least according to the comment at the top of the file.)

>It looks like Mailman is designed from the ground up with the assumption
>that passwords will be used.  Is that correct?

Looks that way. Barry?

--
Satya. <URL:http://satya.virtualave.net/>
US-bound grad students! For pre-apps, see <URL:http://quickapps.cjb.net/>