[Mailman-Users] Re: qmail and mailman?

Amanda arandall at auntminnie.com
Mon Jun 4 19:43:40 CEST 2001

Thanks to those of you who responded with some ideas about the bizarre
behaviour I was getting while trying to send the notification to the list
owner...
Turns out that hidden deep somewhere in the machine was still one more
reference to the machine's *old* hostname, left over from someone or
something who decided that it was better to hard-code the hostname in than
let the apps pull it from the one central location... so mailman was
spouting mail out to something that didn't exist. Ergh.

Next issue! :-)
This is one of those things that might have been omitted from the
documentation in the interest of not insulting the folks who know what
they're doing, but I'm left utterly confused and hope someone can provide
some clarification for me.

Created my new list, and the URLs given are for "hostname/admin/listname"
and "hostname/listinfo/listname".  There's no dirs called "admin" or
"listinfo" in the mailman directories or the apache server root or
document root directories. There *are* some html files in the
mailmandir/lists/listname.

The net result is that going to http://hostname/ correctly gives me the
(non-mailman) documents I created in the (current) document root. However,
it is not (obviously) serving pages for the mailman list - and going to
hostname/admin/listname or hostname/listinfo/listname gives a not found.

So is there something I'm supposed to configure in mailman to make it see
the document root?
Or is there something I'm supposed to configure in apache to make it see
the mailman html docs?
Or should I set the document root in apache to something in the mailman
directories?

Thanks,
=)
Amanda