[Mailman-Users] qmail and mailman?

Amanda arandall at auntminnie.com
Fri Jun 1 23:06:12 CEST 2001

After a fruitless search of docs and archives, I've resorted to the
list...

Installed Mailman on a pc running Mandrake 8 and qmail. Created my
test list. It said "Hit enter to continue with notification of list
owner," and I said yes. No mail ever arrived. From looking at the
qmail log, no mail was ever sent. The best information I can get out
of the instructions is that "the url for the admin page will be
included in the email." Fat lot of help that is... So I'm wondering if
bin/newlist is using the *aliases* created to try to send out that
email, and NOT the address entered during creation of the list. If so,
I think I might not have created the aliases correctly...

As I'm running qmail and not sendmail, my translation of the alias
instructions is a little shaky. If I'm understanding this thing at
all, the .qmail-[listname] alias file should contain this text:
|home/mailman/mail/wrapper post [listname]
And ditto for the other three aliases. 'Zat right? If not, how do I
fix it?
I've read the readme.qmail about fifteen times, and it's still about
as clear as mud.

Thanks,
=)
Amanda