[Mailman-Users] Tall Order - Photos

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Mon Jul 30 21:26:32 CEST 2001

On Mon, 30 Jul 2001 14:43:25 -0400 (EDT)
Brett Delmage <brett at cfsc.ottawa.on.ca> wrote:

> I am curious about this too, as I would like to set up a specific
> list that allows MIME and html, specifically so that photographic
> information and drawings could be easily conveyed. Anyone
> subscribing to this list would have the expectation that they
> would receive these types of messages. It would be desirable to be
> able to view messages and attachements in the web mail archive.

Not a problem.

> I am a big fan of plain text messages, but I do think that there
> is an important need for something like a mail list and archiver
> that handles messages with attachments well.

Use an external archiver that properly handles MIME.  I'm a fan of
(and use) MHonArc:

  http://www.mhonarc.org/

As you can see here it handles such archiving quite nicely:

  http://www.kanga.nu/archives/Noted-L/2001Q3/msg00031.php

(Yes, those are MHonArc based archives of a Mailman list)

--
J C Lawrence                                    )\._.,--....,'``.