[Mailman-Users] Smrsh

Gary de Montigny gjd at telesoft.ca
Mon Jul 30 19:35:59 CEST 2001

I recently upgraded from Mandrake 8 to Slackware 8 and then to
Mailman v2.0.6 and get the following errors when sending mail.

> Too many errors encountered; the rest of the message is ignored:
> Failure to exec script. WANTED gid 12, GOT gid 2.  (Reconfigure to take 2?)
> 554 5.3.0 "|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper post nla"... unknown mailer error 2

The strange thing about the above is when I compiled mailman I added the
following to configure before compiling.

--with-mail-gid=mail
--with-cgi-gid=nobody

During compiling I could see that both the mail and cgi gid were included.

With Mandrake I had an /etc/smrsh directory and this is when I placed
the wrapper pointing to the mailman wrapper.  With Slackware there is no
directory.  I found the Slackware smrsh in /usr/sbin/smrsh.  Where
should I now place the symlink to the mailman wrapper?

Any idea?  Thanks

/ Gary de Montigny / gjd at telesoft.ca
/ TeleSoft Systems / www.telesoft.ca