[Mailman-Users] canonical way of renaming a mailman list

Michael Olivier michaelo at excitehome.net
Wed Jul 25 01:23:36 CEST 2001

So I take it from lack of response to this that there isn't a way to rename
a list ... just thought I'd repost in case anyone has any suggestions...?

Ability to rename a list seems like a basic feature.  I guess the fallback
would be creating a new list, transferring subscriptions, and then
transferring all config settings, but with our volume of lists that's painful.

--Michael

At 10:55 AM 7/18/2001 -0700, Michael Olivier wrote:
>We're running 2.0.3 at Excite at Home and are using it for a ton of internal
>lists -- people are really enjoying the upgrade from majordomo.  (Barry,
>feel free to grab our logo at http://www.home.net/news/logos/ and put it
>on the users page.)
>
>What's the canonical way of renaming a mailman list?  Does anyone have a
>script that will do it?
>
>Also is there any way to config mailman to automatically reject mail from
>non-subscribers?  It's holding those postings for admin review, but it's
>all spam and I'd rather just bounce it or delete it.
>
>thanks!
>Michael

. . .
Michael Olivier    michaelo at excitehome.net    (650) 556-3671
Sr. Director of Engineering, Excite.com Applications