[Mailman-Users] Re: Mailman-Users digest, Vol 1 #1317 - 19 msgs

Bob Puff@NLE bob at nleaudio.com
Tue Jul 10 19:50:32 CEST 2001

> I've been thinking about changing the default
> $prefix to be /usr/local/mailman in MM2.1.  It makes much more sense
> to me and is in fact, what I use for all my new lists these days.  You
> would, of course, be able to give configure --prefix=/home/mailman to
> get the MM2.0 default.
>
> Would that cause undo hardship to folks?

Yes it would, at least for me.  /usr is for program files, and is somewhat limited in size.  If that's all it was used for, that would be fine.. but when the archives are in the same place, and start growing, that is a major problem.  Right now I probably have close to a half gig of archives, and I don't have that major of lists.

/home or /var is a better place for that stuff.

Bob