[Mailman-Users] OpenBSD Trusted Path Execution (TPE) compatibility?

Joshua Jore moomonk at daisy-chan.org
Thu Jul 5 17:37:00 CEST 2001

Hi folks,
I'm new to mailman so please bear with me. I've got Mailman installed and
working successfully on my OpenBSD+Postfix machine. I'm also installing
the TPE patches which do a few things:

Prevent execution of binaries that are in directories not owned by root
Prevents interpreters from reading from STDIN
Protect most proc info and *stat stuff
Strips LD_PRELOAD and LD_LIBRARY_PATH

I can see an immediate problem where mailman owns it's own directories and
binaries. Does mailman fail any other the other tests? (It's always
possible to designate mailman as a trusted user so it doesn't have these
restrictions but I'd rather not if I don't have to)

Thanks,
Joshua Jore