[Mailman-Users] admin cgi not working

Dan Mick dmick at utopia.west.sun.com
Wed Jan 31 22:51:58 CET 2001

> I've just today started having problems with the web admin interface
> hanging on the initial load (ie when clicking from the bottom of the
> listinfo page, say.)
>
> The only thing I can explain this by is the upgrade of a small web-based
> mail program called Neomail (http://neomail.sourceforge.net/) which
> appears to have caused the problem. However, I can't see anything that
> would cause this - they operate from completely different directories and
> neomail should not have altered any other config files.
>
> The listinfo pages still seem to work fine.
>
> The error I get is as follows:
>
> [Wed Jan 31 13:38:57 2001] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Premature end of
> script headers: /home/mailman/cgi-bin/admin

Since you say there aren't errors in mailman's log, I assume this
is in the web server's log?  Aren't both Neomail and Mailman
heavily assisted by the web server?  Are you *sure* Neomail didn't
change something about the web server configuration, like maybe
something to do with CGI scripts?

> and then on subsequent loads the page just hangs, and no further errors
> are generated.

Doubtless because there's a lock file around from the CGI script
exiting prematurely.