[Mailman-Users] Mailman attributes

Raymond Hines III ray at hinesfamily.com
Sun Jan 21 00:27:24 CET 2001

---> Not too long ago, Dan Mick <Dan.Mick at west.sun.com> said:

> "a subscriber's email address" appears in no substitute list, because that would
> imply, as has been discussed to death here, that every message was custom per
> subscriber, which destroys the economies of scale involved in a mailing list. If
> you want to do something like "send a mail to every subscriber", it's relatively
> easy to make a shell script that does that using bin/list_members to get the
> member names (I do this every so often to remind 'disabled' users to re-enable
> themselves if their mailbox is now empty again).

Ah. I was looking for a way to put in the footer below something like:

"Your subscribed email address is: ray at hinesfamily.com"

Quite a few unsubs are folks who are trying to unsub different email
addresses and don't know which ones are part of our list.  I know, I know...
clueless, but...

:)  Thanks,
Ray