[Mailman-Users] Mailman attributes

Dan Mick Dan.Mick at west.sun.com
Sun Jan 21 04:54:02 CET 2001

Raymond Hines III wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I have doggedly searched through all the FAQs and documentation for
> Mailman and have failed in my mission to find a list of all the attributes you
> can use in MailMan.
>
> For example, I'd like to know the attribute keyword for, say, a subscriber's
> email address to use in a template.
>
> Anyone have a list of it?

Some are listed on the pages to which you can apply edits (see, for
instance, mailman/admin/<listname>/?VARHELP=nondigest/msg_footer).

"a subscriber's email address" appears in no substitute list, because that would
imply, as has been discussed to death here, that every message was custom
per subscriber, which destroys the economies of scale involved in a mailing list.
If you want to do something like "send a mail to every subscriber", it's relatively
easy to make a shell script that does that using bin/list_members to get the
member names (I do this every so often to remind 'disabled' users to re-enable
themselves if their mailbox is now empty again).