[Mailman-Users] Re: Admin authentication failed 'cause of cookie

Stephane Thillay sthillay at fr.uu.net
Tue Jan 16 17:00:28 CET 2001

le 12/1/2001, 12:57:59, Stephane Thillay écrivait :

 > I can't reach the administrative web page for my lists. Each time I
 > enter the passwd (in myhost/mailman/admin/mylist) I receive a
 > "Authentication failed" message followed by the password form.
 >
 > box, This one works fine, Then I discoverd that the Solaris box
 > doesn't send the cookie named 'mylist:admin'.

 Here was the problem : there are two 'python' on the test machine I
use. The one for the system, and mine for a self dependant package I
want to build.

 The local python is used when I create new mailing list or when I
update the site password. And my python is used by the cgi's. Of
course, the two version use different crypt library...

 I changed the PATH (for command line operations) and everything works
fine.

STh