[Mailman-Users] Admin authentication failed 'cause of cookie

Stephane Thillay sthillay at fr.uu.net
Fri Jan 12 12:57:59 CET 2001

 Hi,

I'm working on a fresh install with Mailman 2.0.1, Python 2.0 and
Apache 1.3.14 on a Solaris 2.6 box.

I can't reach the administrative web page for my lists. Each time I
enter the passwd (in myhost/mailman/admin/mylist) I receive a
"Authentication failed" message followed by the password form.

I tried to compare with a 'magic ports' installation on a FreeBSD 4.2
box, This one works fine, Then I discoverd that the Solaris box
doesn't send the cookie named 'mylist:admin'.

Whatever password I use (list or site), access is blocked.

In the mailing list archive, I found a message talking about an update
of Python from 1.5.5 to 2.0 that avoid proper authentication.
(http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2001-January/008812.html)
So I tried Python 1.6 and 1.5.2 without any success.

Any ideas ?

STh