[Mailman-Users] Installation problem - FreeBSD

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Wed Feb 28 11:45:17 CET 2001

On Tue, 27 Feb 2001, Thomas Speight wrote:
> Can anyone help me?  I am trying to install Mailman for two (2)
> different domains on the same server.  We tried setting GID to 91 but
> that did not work!
>
> Any advice is greatly appreicated.
>
> Thomas
>
> ***** Set-gid bit must be set for directory:
> /usr/local/mailman/travelhacker.com

cd /usr/local/mailman
chmod g+s ./travelhacker.com

[I've never set up mailman for multiple domains (even though I have
multiple domains, I use multiple installations of mailman for ease of
portability if I have to move the domains), so I can't even tell you if
you should HAVE a directory for the domain, but this is one way to set the
group suid bit for the directory and thus, directly address that error.]

J.
--
     Jeme A Brelin
    jeme at brelin.net