[Mailman-Users] Tooo Slow

Fil fil at rezo.net
Wed Feb 21 18:52:13 CET 2001

I had the same problem for one list and had to switch to sympa
(http://listes.cru.fr/sympa/) because sympa stores its subscriber
information in a mysql database. I guess it'll be a breeze when mailman
supports database based lists. The current effort is towards
internationalization, but I guess the next effort is the database ;)

However for small lists I find mailman more convenient, so I keep both
listmanagers...

In my experience the threshold is around 10K subscribers

@ Charles W. Statkus (cwstat at statronics.com) : I Have about 270K subscribers